Understanding Today’s Financial Environment
Welcome, I’m Jeffery Johnson, an LPL Financial Consultant in the Glen Business Complex in Glenview, IL. Whether you are investing for retirement, college savings or estate planning, our personalized service focuses your needs, wants, and financial goals and objectives. Jeff has been approved by Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) to manage Dimensional Funds for clients. Please see the Dimensional website for more background on their investment philosophy http://www.dfaus.com
At LPL Financial, we understand the important role a financial advisor can play in managing your total financial life. When you choose an advisor supported by the vast resources of LPL Financial, you can be confident that your advisor will have access to independent research, state-of-the art technology, innovative investment tools, and the exceptional support that allow your advisor to devote his or her full attention to your needs and objectives.
Over the past decade, financial advisors backed by LPL Financial have become a leading source of objective advice for accumulating and managing personal wealth. As experienced financial professionals, these advisors possess an average of 10 years of industry experience when they partner with our organization. With thousands of LPL Financial advisors to choose from nationwide, you can identify and interview more than one advisor in your region before choosing one with whom you feel most comfortable. While advisors aligned with LPL Financial come from different backgrounds and offer different types of expertise, they all have two things in common: they're backed by a market leader and they're 100% committed to helping you pursue your long-term financial and life goals. This means that when you invest with an LPL Financial advisor, you can benefit from:
- Objective guidance and advice - With access to leading independent research, your LPL Financial advisor can help you make informed, objective decisions.
- Investment choice and flexibility - LPL Financial does not offer any proprietary products, so your advisor can help you choose unbiased investment products and strategies from many of the nation's leading investment managers.
- Holistic approach to life planning - No matter where you are in life-just getting started or winding down a successful career-you have goals and dreams. Your advisor engages you in an ongoing conversation about your needs, goals, and objectives to create the life plan that's right for you.
- Convenient account access - You can manage your account online anytime, day or night, from the convenience of your own home or office. In addition, easy-to-read account statements keep you informed of account activity and performance.
- Passion for providing independent advice - LPL Financial advisors offer tailored strategies designed to address the needs of your life goals and financial growth. Our advisors base their success upon helping their clients by tapping into our vast resources to provide the objective advice you need.
- An independent investment partner - Your LPL Financial advisor more than likely lives and works in your community. And because your LPL Financial advisor cares as much about your personal satisfaction as the performance of your portfolio, he or she serves as a true partner to help you live the life you desire.
We serve primarily the Glenview, Northfield, Northbrook, Wilmette, Arlington Heights, Deerfield, Lincolnshire,and Evanston Communities in Illinois, as well as, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Lincoln Square, Bucktown in the Greater Chicago Area.
Jeffery J. Johnson has years of experience in financial services. Take the first step to starting a new partnership with LPL Financial and contact us at email@example.com or direct at (847)790-GLEN(4536).
“Dirty Dozen” Tax Scams to Watch For
Every year the IRS releases its list of tax scams, spotlighting some ways that people try to separate you from your money.
Understanding the Alternate Valuation Date
Executors can value the estate on the date of death, or on its six-month anniversary —the “Alternate Valuation Date."
Immediate vs. Deferred Annuities
Looking forward to retirement? It's critical to understand the difference between immediate and deferred annuities.
It's important to make sure your retirement strategy anticipates health-care expenses.
When considering life insurance, it's important to understand your options.
For many, retirement includes contributing their time and talents to an organization in need.
A letter of instructions provides additional and more personal information regarding your estate.
For homeowners who think their property taxes are too high, there are ways to appeal.
When selecting a fixed-rate mortgage, a borrower has to determine how many years to finance the loan.
Estimate how much of your Social Security benefit may be considered taxable.
Use this calculator to estimate your income tax liability along with average and marginal tax rates.
Estimate your monthly and annual income from various IRA types.
This calculator demonstrates the power of compound interest.
This calculator estimates the savings from paying a mortgage bi-weekly instead of monthly.
Help determine the required minimum distribution from an IRA or other qualified retirement plan.
There are some smart strategies that may help you pursue your investment objectives
A number of questions and concerns need to be addressed to help you better prepare for retirement living.
The importance of life insurance, how it works, and how much coverage you need.
Principles that can help create a portfolio designed to pursue investment goals.
The chances of needing long-term care, its cost, and strategies for covering that cost.
Investment tools and strategies that can enable you to pursue your retirement goals.
Are Real Estate Investment Trusts right for your portfolio?
The decision whether to buy or rent a home may have long-term implications.
Selecting a mortgage isn't an easy process. Get a better understanding of how professionals make the right decisions.
A bucket plan can help you be better prepared for a comfortable retirement.
As the economy gathers momentum, many are waiting for their personal finances to gather momentum, too.
When do you need a will? The answer is easy: right now.